Friday, September 16, 2011

Interruptions

Merlin decides that the art department has it all wrong.
As my regular readers know, I have not been posting a whole heck of a lot over the last couple of weeks. Part of it is that I am drowning in homework (one should never take four literature classes in the same semester). The other part is that when I do attempt to work, whether on the blog or one of my other projects, I keep getting interrupted.

Like today, I fielded several phone calls which just seemed to happen just as the writing would start to flow. Only one of these phone calls was important (JF, I am talking about you). All the rest of the phone calls were bill collectors. And they are not even my bills...bascially, someone used my phone number as a contact number and now the bill collectors have it, and are trying to collect student loan payments from them. It would not be so bad, but the person does not live here and I do not have a current phone number to toss at them.

And I made some poor call center employee in India very upset when I took my frustration out on them.

Even as something as simple as working on taking a bad book cover photo gets interrupted. Between the phone calls and Merlin the blimp cat, I only managed to get a couple of shots. And yes, that is one of those projects (along with all the formating, editing, and additional writing) that can only be done when Toni is gone.

I so want to get the SmashWords test project up by the end of the month, but it is not going to happen at this pace until the end of the year. At least, that should make someone happy---after all, we can't have someone like me writing stuff, can we?

No comments: